Papillon Haven Rescue
We base our original decisions on the following factors:
• All applicants must be over 21 years of age.
• The applicant should be the person who will be the caring for the Papillon.
Pets do not make good surprises or gifts.
• Most homes with children under the age of 6 years will not be considered for placement. We do not want to put any child in any danger of being bitten or the dog in danger of being hurt.
• Most Papillons need companionship. Some of our Papillons may require another small dog as a companion.
• Homes with large dogs will be considered on an individual basis.
• All of our Papillons are spayed or neutered prior to adoption.
• Papillon Puppies will not be available for adoption until after 5 months of age or when they have been safely spayed or neutered.
• We require homes with fenced areas for most of our Papillons. This is to keep the Papillon inside safe boundaries and large dogs or predators out.
If your application meets our initial review…
The application provides for a reference check with your veterinarian. You must notify your vet and give permission to release all information.
The application calls for two personal references that are not related to you. We prefer people who have known you for a long time and are neighbors in your community. Please notify these people that we may be calling. We can only try to reach your references twice. After that, we e-mail you to notify you that your application is at a standstill, until we can complete the reference check.
We require a visit to your home by a person representing our group. At this time, all people who live in the home should plan to attend. It is important for all family members to be interested in acquiring a family companion.
The homes that have opened their doors to our Papillons as foster homes will help together with the Adoption Team Leader, to set the parameters necessary for the forever home of their charge.
The application process can take time. Often times, more than one applicant has applied for the same Papillon. If your application is not selected for a particular Pap, and you have been approved to adopt, then you may choose another of our fostered Paps or you may elect to wait until new ones come in. Sometimes things do go wrong in cyberspace. If you do not hear from us regarding what stage your application is in, please send a brief e-mail to email@example.com.
If you are working with another rescue group to adopt a Papillon, please let us know. We want your choice to be the best match for your family. Please let us know quickly if your plans change.
We appreciate your interest in our little forgotten butterflies and we appreciate your patience with our application process.
This may seem like an excessively detailed, even invasive, questionnaire but please keep in mind that the more information we have about you, your household and your expectations of your rescued dog, the easier it will be to make a successful match. Finding the perfect match between adopter and dog is our most important goal. All information is private and not for public use.
• 0 - 2 years = $425
• 3 - 4 years = $375
• 5 - 7 years = $350
• 8 - 9 years = $300
• 10 - ? years = $200
By continuing to the adoption application, you are verifying that you have read the adoption guidelines.